- Altitude: 3,550 mtrs (11, 715 ft approx)
- Geo Coordinates: E: 77° 40 ‘ 30’’ N : 34° 02’ 24’’
- Location: Strategically located on the upper Indus Valley on the main Leh-Manali highway in the shadows of the famed Thiksey Monastery
- Nearest Airport: Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport (18 Kms/ 35 minutes drive time approx.)
- Flight Services: Daily service of Jet Airways, Go Air, Air Vistara and Air India (Delhi- Leh is 01 hours and 20 minutes flight time)
- Road Connectivity: Leh is connected by surface from Srinagar and from Manali once the passes open which is May onwards. 419 kms from Srinagar, 706 kms from Jammu, 490 kms from Manali.